Last updated: May 25, 2021
We, Tapestry Inc., are part of the Tapestry Inc. brands which include COACH, kate spade, and STUART WEITZMAN. In this Privacy Notice, we describe how we use personal information that we collect from you if you are in the U.S. or
Canada and you:
- Access or
use our website at www.coach.com, www.coachoutlet.com or any other website, application or
online service that we operate which includes a link to this Privacy Notice;
- Make a purchase or sign up in any of our stores for any of our online services; or
- Contact us for customer service.
1. What Types of Personal Information Do We Collect?
Information You Actively Submit: If you buy our products online, register for
an online account with us, use the “wish list” features of our online services,
sign up for updates and marketing
communications from us, participate
in our sweepstakes or surveys, request specific product customizations
from us, submit a product review on our website, contact us for customer
service, or otherwise interact with us via our online services, we may collect
personal information about you, including the following:
Data, which may include your name, alias, username, postal address, email
address and telephone number;
information and Account Data, which may include your
Contact Data, payment card information, billing address, birth day and month, gender,
nationality, and the details of the products or services you have ordered,
purchased or requested from us;
List” Data, which may include your Contact Data and the products or services you
are interested in;
or Sweepstakes Data, which may include your Contact Data and the
details of the giveaway or sweepstakes you have voluntarily entered;
Media Data, which may include your social media interactions with us (e.g., if
you “like” or “share” or “comment” on something you see on our social media
platforms) and any information you actively provide to us for social media
marketing purposes; and
Data, which you voluntarily provide to us when making inquiries to
customer care, comments on our social media, product reviews on our site, survey
feedback, interests if you choose to participate in our clienteling program,
and any other information you actively provide to us.
Information Passively Submitted on our Online Services: When you use our online
services, we collect information from or about the computer, phone or other
device on which you have installed, or from which you access, our online
services, and information about your usage of our online services, including
Data, which includes your IP address, browser type and version, device
identifier, location and time zone setting, network and/or service provider,
operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors;
Usage and Interaction Data, which includes the websites you visited
before and after visiting our website, products you viewed or searched for on
our online services, length of visits to certain online pages, online page
interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers), methods
used to browse away from online pages, your interactions with our marketing
emails (such as whether and when you opened an email from us, and whether you
clicked a link in the email or forwarded the email), and your interactions with
our online ads.
Cookies and Related Technologies: We and
pixel tags and web beacons to collect certain types of the Technical Data and
Usage Data described above as permitted by applicable law. Cookies and similar
technologies are placed on our site for the following purposes:
- Enable basic functioning of our website;
- Web analytics to improve our website
(structure, features, accessibility and usability, content, or to fix any
technical issues through gathering relevant technical data);
Enable certain basic functions of online
browsing and shopping with us (for example, save information you generated or
provided on our website such as preferred items, items placed in the cart);
- Monitor the effectiveness of our online ads
and marketing (by recording your interactions with our ads on third-party
websites, our social media platforms or our marketing emails); and
- Learn more about your preferences and Internet
browsing habits to provide you with tailored web-visit.
No Children’s Information: Our
online services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do
not knowingly register or otherwise collect personal information from any child
under the age of 13 without the prior verifiable consent of the child's parent
2. How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the following categories of personal information for the following purposes:
Contact Data to communicate with you, including about products and services you have ordered, or to send you updates about our products, services, or campaigns that may be of interest; or when you voluntarily enter to win a contest, sweepstakes or giveaway.
Order Information and Account Data to create and manage your account on our website (for example to enable you to access, update and save your preferences to the account); fulfill your orders, including product customization requests.
- Wish List Data to provide you with the “wish list” features of our online services, which allow you to identify and save products that you are interested in.
- Social Media Data to interact with you through our social media platforms; and administer social media marketing initiatives or social media advertising campaigns.
Correspondence Data to respond to any specific queries you may have when you contact customer care, to understand your preferences so that we can provide you with updates about our products, events, or services that may be of interest, provide you with a more tailored shopping experience when you opt in to our clienteling program in our stores, to administer sweepstakes and giveaways, or to improve our product offerings and customer experience based on your responses to a survey or product review.
Technical Data and Online Usage and Interaction Data to provide, maintain, monitor, secure, debug, personalize and optimize our online services to and for you; provide you with customer service and technical assistance for example when you use our chat function; and to generally develop and improve our products and services. We also use technical data that is automatically collected by cookies and related technologies to understand the effectiveness of our ads and social media campaigns.
We also use your personal information for the following purposes (collectively, the “General Processing Purposes”), as permitted by applicable law:
Advertising and Marketing Activities: To provide you with marketing communications, updates on special offers or promotions, products and services that we believe you may be interested in, or to administer and let you know about our sweepstakes and giveaways. We may tailor the content of those communications based on our understanding of your preferences.
- Compliance with Laws: To perform activities necessary to ensure compliance with applicable national, state, provincial and other applicable laws, and to respond to requests from government authorities.
- Protection of Legal Interests: To protect our legal interests, such as in the event of a complaint or dispute.
- Research and Development: To perform research and undertake surveys to understand preferences about our products and customer experience, to improve product design and product testing;
Merger or Sale: In the event that we, or some or all of our assets are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity or in connection with a merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control, we may transfer some or all of the personal information that we have collected about you to another organization as part of that transaction. If we intend to transfer your personal information in connection with such a transaction, we may proceed with notice to you, grant you an opportunity to object, or seek your consent, as permitted or required by applicable law.
3. With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may share your personal information with the following types of third parties as permitted by applicable law:
- Our service providers and business partners: We rely on affiliated and unaffiliated companies, agents and contractors to assist us with the provision of Tapestry services and products to you, including:
- Online payment and fraud prevention service providers when you make a purchase;
- Delivery / logistics service providers, to deliver products you have purchased;
- customer care services
- Infrastructure and IT service providers, including cloud service providers to administer our website and your account if you register with us;
- Marketing, advertising and communications agencies to send you information about products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Providers of services related to some enhanced online features such as customer review;
- Advertising companies who help us provide tailored advertising and understand the effectiveness of our ads and traffic on our site;
- Providers of website testing / analytics services; or
- External auditors and advisers;
We provide our service providers and business partners with access to your personal information so that they may provide services to us, subject to non-disclosure agreements and other data protection safeguards.
Third parties permitted or req